Wow! I got an award given to me by All Things Beautiful and I am so thrilled. Being new to the blogosphere, it feels good to know that someone has actually read and enjoyed my blog! So I appreciate this award immensely. Not only that – I have discovered some new (to me) and inspiring blogs through this.
Thanks and more thanks to All Things Beautiful for this honour. Her blog is new to me so I’ve had a great time checking it out – it is full of fun and interesting posts and very helpful ideas that I plan to incorporate into our school day. I love discovering new blogs. J
Now the rules of this award are as follows:
· Thank and link back to whomever gave you the award.
· Share 7 things about yourself.
· Pass it along to other blogs that you've recently discovered and enjoy.
· And finally leave your recipients a note telling them about the award.
So here goes:
1. I loved drama and the theatre as a kid and wish I had had the guts to pursue it
2. I’d love to learn how to paint and to take stunning photos.
3. I enjoy making things look beautiful.
4. I’d much rather be cold than hot. J
5. I like my schedules and have a hard time adapting to change – but I’m working on
6. I’ve recently discovered that I don’t like roller-coaster rides (even the baby ones).
7. I love buying books, books and more books and after that comes stationary – I
adore that new notebook smell.
Now here comes the fun part – so many blogs to choose from! Here are some wonderful ones (I’ll try to pick blogs that haven’t had the award before but that might be hard!)
Practical Pages – I think she’s been given this award before but I do love her blog because it really embodies the versatile blog with excellent free resources and helpful encouraging ideas for schooling and life.
Countercultural School – packed with SO many great ideas including wonderful resources on how to school your dyslexic child.
O Peaceful Day – an Australian Charlotte Mason homeschooling family which gives a different perspective on some things. I discovered her blog while researching MEP (Mathematics Enhancement Programme) and found myself enjoying her many other fascinating posts.
Barefoot Voyage - I just recently discovered her blog and have enjoyed reading her posts not just on homeschooling but on marriage and her book reviews.
Teaching Our Own – when Angie suggests a book I pay attention! She writes not just about homeschooling and raising her kids but also about how to manage the home. She has a knack for finding awesome time-saving gadgets!
Satori Smiles – plenty of interesting homeschooling related posts here – just go check it out.
Enjoy and thanks again!